Inspection and Maintenance (I&M) represents a huge economic activity (450 Bn€ market) spanning across sectors such as energy, transport, civil engineering. EU hosts over 50% of I&M robotics offer but there is a bottleneck connecting it to the market and high potential applications. RIMA is a 4-year project aiming to establish a network of 13 Digital Innovation Hubs (DIH) on robotics sharing best practices and providing services to facilitate uptake of I&M technologies.
|Duration:||01.01.2019 till 31.12.2022|
|Donee:||German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence GmbH|
|Grant number:||824990 — RIMA — H2020-DT-2018-2020/H2020-DT-2018-1|
Assistance- and Rehabilitation Systems
Logistics, Production and Consumer
SAR- & Security Robotics
Inspection and Maintenance (I&M) represents a huge economic activity spanning across sectors such as energy, transport, civil engineering. Our challenge is to reinforce this connection and to provide education and training on robotics I&M and to connect the value chain - research, technology companies, service providers, end users and investors- for accelerating economic growth in the field:
- RIMA is building upon the network pioneered by SPRINT Robotics extending it to all relevant sectors across the value chain.
- The RIMA network encompasses:
- leading research organizations supporting one DIH per region aligned with regional policies and industry sectors.
- Sectorial associations who will make a bridge with end users and industries.
- RIMA will offer services including support to testing and technology transfer, coaching and training on robotics for I&M, process optimization and communication. 50.5% of RIMA’s budget will be distributed to SMEs to run experiments using FSTP
- RIMA will advise on funding opportunities relying on the S3 Thematic Platform on robotics for I&M federating the common ambition of 13 EU regions.
- Network sustainability will be ensured by adapting the SPRINT business model
Expected results are (i) increased competitiveness of EU I&M Robotics, (ii) economic added value by increased productivity and availability of the critical infrastructure (iii) social and environmental impact through improved safety and less emission of hazardous substances (iv) the constitution of a sustainable and scalable (open to new members) DIH network aligned with the industrial and European policies and ambitions.