We are searching for
Early Stage Researcher (m/f/d) (full-time, initially limited to 3 years)
- Familiarize yourself with current state-of-the-art in the fields of (1) underwater sonar-based SLAM, (2) 3D reconstruction from sonar images, (3) deep-learning methods, (4) underwater sensor fusion.
- Develop novel solutions for 3D reconstruction of underwater scenes using sonar-based imaging sensors.
- Integrate the developed solutions as standalone software modules for generating dense 3D maps for autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs)
- Embed the developed 3D reconstruction solutions into a SLAM backend of an AUV and testing in actual real-world experiments field missions
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in any of the following fields: computer science, mechanical/electrical engineering, physics, mathematics or related fields.
- Background in some of the following topics: autonomous systems, robot navigation and sensor fusion, machine learning, image processing
- Good programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a dynamically growing team
This position is part of 15 PhD positions within the project REMARO, located in Copenhagen, Oslo, Porto, Bremen, Aachen, and Delft. We look forward to receiving your application. For more info on how to apply please visit the following link https://remaro.eu/index.php/2020/10/15/15-phd-positions-apply-now/. Make sure to select position #3 if you are interested in this position. We look forward to receiving your complete application documents with your earliest possible starting date until January 1, 2021. Please note that we do not accept applications via email.
For more info on how to apply please find the details here